Bringing your Family to Sheridan
Sheridan's Ministry for Children, Youth and Families strives to live God's promises as the family of God to equip all to walk as disciples of Christ
Our goals for each Child, Youth and Family is:
- To know that God loves them unconditionally
- To have knowledge that the church is their family and they are valued
- To equip them with a servant heart and send them into the world to serve in Jesus name
- To have an active awareness that God is present in their lives
- To be encouraged to commit scripture verses, the Lord's Prayer, 10 commandments and the Apostles' Creed to memory using a systematic plan
- To learn the essential practices for a Christian way of life.
Opportunities abound for families to engage in God’s story in very hands-on ways. All of these offerings are a way to learn about God’s promises as a family.
•Wednesdays at the Well offers a worship service that is family-friendly. The classes offered following the service reach the ages of infants to adults.
•Sunday Mornings offer education classes for Preschool – 5th grade.
•Confirmation (6th-8th grade) meets on Wednesday nights during the school year.
•Sr. High Youth Group meets weekly in small groups, and monthly for large group on Sunday nights.
•Faith Stepping Stone workshops are offered for each age group each year
•Fellowship Events, Service Projects to the greater community and Mission Trips are offered at special times.
For the small children in your family, a fully staffed nursery and quiet room are available for your convenience.
Gabriel's Ministry of Sheridan Lutheran Church is a prayer and support ministry as well as a connecting community offering comfort, understanding, friendship and encouragement.
Contact Kathy Paisley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-4769, with any questions.